Careers at JASA Social Work Supervisor - Community Guardian Program
Social Work Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In accordance with the standards of the social work profession and requirements of the funding source, responsible for:
- Provide administrative and supervisory oversight of the social work services rendered by Community Guardian Program; supervising intake, screening for program eligibility, triage for emergency intervention, and assignment to appropriate staff.
- Supervision of social work supervisors and the direct service to clients related to the development and implementation of a written case plan for the provision of the full range of social services as per JASA’s HRA Contract for CGP.
- Maintain oversight and monitor the status on all CGP cases identified as elevated risk. That includes developing a plan with SW Supervisors and ensuring that services are in place for these clients.
- Monitoring of staff and case review with regard to ongoing reassessment of client need, monitoring of service efficacy, and appropriate revision of the case plan.
- Informing Program Director & Assistant Director of emerging issues and/or crisis situations with clients; work with supervisors and social work staff to develop a plan to resolve the risk.
- Under direction from the Program Director, refer cases to attorneys and monitor the cases on a weekly basis. Participate with the Program Director and/or Assistant Director in bi-weekly telephone conferences with attorneys for updates and case planning with supervisors.
- Conduct field visits to CGP clients, as needed.
- Work closely with the program director and assistant director to ensure that all client annual reports are submitted to the courts and HRA by the due date.
- Supervision and disbursement of monies to staff and clients, as issued through JASA relief funds or client financial management services, to secure needed goods and services for clients.
- Supervise Masters' level social work supervisor and social work staff, SW interns if applicable.
- Represent the agency at community conferences and meetings.
- Develop and facilitate staff training sessions.
- Participate in training and unit meetings.
- Complete required case records, reports and statistics, utilizing computers, if so required.
- Perform such other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Accredited College or University with a Master of Social Work or equivalent Master's level degree in counseling, gerontology, psychology or related field.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to provide professional supervision and leadership to social work staff.
- Minimum of three years' post-master's level experience in social work.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand English. Good writing/record keeping skills.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of current Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications, plus significant experience performing Internet-based research
- Ability to travel to clients' homes using mass transit and to negotiate any steps and barriers in clients' residences.
- Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
- Position may require work during evenings and weekends.
Social Work Supervisor - Community Guardian Program