Careers at JASA Program Director - JASA at HES Senior Center
Job Type: Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides overall direction and administration of all programs and services of the senior center and oversees the procedures followed by the staff to implement the programs and services.
- Monitors budget and inventory for the senior center.
- Supervises the operation of Food Program at site, may assist in kitchen as needed.
- Organizes program schedules, creates flyers and advertising for senior center programs and events.
- Develops, coordinates and leads groups and group programs.
- Locates and develops community resources.
- Works with funding source personnel, as appropriate.
- Provides case assistance, information and referrals, as appropriate.
- Keeps appropriate case notes, program and fiscal records.
- Collects and counts cash, and records receipts and prepares bank deposits.
- Supervises center staff and fills in for absent staff as needed.
- Supervises and evaluates staff and volunteers.
- Maintains and supervises use of equipment, supplies and facilities.
- Attends community, agency and staff meetings as designated.
- Handles other responsibilities as assigned and appropriate.
- Maintains petty cash accounts
- Graduate of an Accredited College or University with B.S.W. /or B.A./B.S. degree, or equivalent.
- Some prior group leadership experience, preferred.
- Good writing/ record keeping skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- May be required to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as assigned by Director of Community Based Programs or designee.
- Knowledge of Spanish may be helpful.
- Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
Program Director - JASA at HES Senior Center