Careers at JASA Program Aide - Starrett City Senior Center
Union DC 37/Non-Exempt/ Part-Time
Job Type: Part Time
Assists in all aspects of senior center kitchen operations. May perform any or all of the duties and responsibilities listed as assigned by the Program Director or Program Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in cleaning, cooking, panning and serving fresh food and packaged cooked food.
- Moves, unpacks and stores food and supplies.
- Receives and refrigerates all food stuffs as soon as delivered.
- Assists in maintaining order and cleanliness of food storage.
- Assists in taking food inventory.
- May be required to perform daily cleaning in the dining room and kitchen, including washing dishes, pots, cupboards, shelves, racks, work surfaces, cooking equipment and utensils, etc.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Languages helpful. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Experience in social or community services preferred.
- May require heavy lifting including setting up tables, moving chairs, and other room set-ups for programs.
- Climbing stairs may be required.
Program Aide - Starrett City Senior Center