Careers at JASA Mobile Meal Aide - Brooklyn Home Delivered Meals
Union DC 37/ Non-Exempt/ Full-Time
Job Type: Full Time
Assists in preparation and packaging of meals, cleaning of kitchen areas and delivery of meals to congregate sites and homebound clients on designated routes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packages cooked and cold food into appropriate containers for delivery to clients.
- Assists in cleaning food preparation area after food is packaged.
- Delivers packaged food to the congregate sites and homebound clients on designated routes.
- Accepts voluntary contributions from participants and issues receipt for the contribution. Turns in collections and receipt books and accounts to the coordinator for contributions received.
- Immediately alerts coordinator to any unusual situation regarding homebound clients, e.g. person doesn't answer the door; person appears to be ill; person's behavior is different than it usually is. When in doubt regarding any situation, immediately telephones the coordinator.
- May provide shopping assistance for homebound clients as directed by supervisor.
- May be required to handle other delivery functions as assigned.
- Follows route determined by supervisor.
- May be required to substitute for driver when necessary.
- Assists in vehicle maintenance.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred.
- Ability to read, speak and follow directions in English.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb stairs and stand for long hours.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends as assigned.
- Must be able to climb stairs, climb ladders and bend.
- Valid NY State driver’s license necessary for delivery of meals.
Mobile Meal Aide - Brooklyn Home Delivered Meals