Careers at JASA Food Service Technician-Van Cortlandt
Union DC 1707/Non- Exempt/ Full-Time
Job Type: Full Time
Under the supervision of the site manager, works in dining room set up and meal service. Responsible for kitchen sanitation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wears a mask at all times.
- Wipes down countertops and serving areas with disinfectant.
- Sets up steamed tables. Turns on warmers in food service areas.
- Fill containers with condiments.
- Pour juice; place sliced bread and margarine in sandwich bags.
- Ensure the entire dining area is fully stocked with required condiments.
- Open cans of desserts, portion out in 5 ½ ounce dessert cups, cover with lids, and place in refrigerator.
- Upon arrival of food delivery, takes carts outside and assists in bringing meals from the delivery truck to the kitchen.
- Puts hot food in warmer. Cold items in the refrigerator.
- Cleans and sanitizes carts and trays for bussing.
- Shortly before meal service transfers hot food to the steam table.
- If table service, serve meals. If cafeteria service serves on the cafeteria line.
- Clears table covering of remaining plates and trays. Cleans and disinfects with sanitizing solution. Allow to air dry, fold and neatly, then put away coverings.
- Clean meal delivery pans followed by sanitizing liquid. Allow to air dry.
- Clean and sanitize the food service areas, equipment, and serving utensils.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors, food service preparation, and serving areas.
- May be required to sweep and mop dining room areas.
- Add disinfectant to all cleaning solutions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- NYC DOH Food Protection Certificate.
- Must be able to read and speak English. Additional languages helpful.
- Computer skills helpful.
- Experience working with seniors.
- Must have solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- An understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
Food Service Technician-Van Cortlandt