Careers at JASA Food Service Technician - Starrett City Senior Center
Union DC 37/Non-Exempt/ Full-Time
Job Type: Full Time
Under the supervision of site manager, assist in dining room set up, activities and meal service.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up tables / (steamed tables).
- Fill appropriate containers with condiments.
- Pour juice, portion out bread and margarine and place in sandwich bag.
- Open cans of desserts, portion out in 5 ½ ounce dessert cups, cover with lids and place in refrigerator.
- Upon arrival of meal from kitchen, you will take warming oven carts down and pick up meals from truck.
- In dining room plug in warmer, put cold items in refrigerator.
- Set up cart or tray for bussing.
- If table service, serve meals. If cafeteria service, serve on cafeteria line.
- Clear plastic table covering with sanitizing solution. Allow to air dry, fold and neatly put away.
- Clean bulk meal pans with sanitizing liquid, allow to air dry – return to kitchen the next day.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- DOH Food Protection Certificate.
- Must be able to read and speak English. Additional languages helpful.
- Computer skills helpful.
- Experience working with seniors.
- Must have solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- An understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
Food Service Technician - Starrett City Senior Center