Careers at JASA Per Diem Mobile Meal Aide- Brooklyn Home Delivered Meals
Assists in preparation and packaging of meals, cleaning of kitchen areas and delivery of meals to congregate sites and homebound clients on designated routes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Packages cooked and cold food into appropriate containers for delivery to clients.
• Assists in cleaning food preparation area after food is packaged.
• Delivers packaged food to the congregate sites and homebound clients on designated routes.
• Accepts voluntary contributions from participants and issues receipt for the contribution. Turns in collections and receipt books and accounts to the coordinator for contributions received.
• Immediately alerts coordinator to any unusual situation regarding homebound clients, e.g. person doesn't answer the door; person appears to be ill; person's behavior is different than it usually is. When in doubt regarding any situation, immediately telephones the coordinator.
• May provide shopping assistance for homebound clients as directed by supervisor.
• May be required to handle other delivery functions as assigned.
• Follows route determined by supervisor.
• May be required to substitute for driver when necessary.
• Assists in vehicle maintenance.
• Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred.
• Ability to read, speak and follow directions in English.
• Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
• Ability to lift heavy objects, climb stairs and stand for long hours.
• May be required to work evenings and/or weekends as assigned.
• Must be able to climb stairs, climb ladders and bend.
• Valid NY State driver’s license necessary for delivery of meals.