Careers at JASA Case Assistant- Bushwick/ Hylan NORC
Preferably Spanish/ English speaking.
Under supervision of Project / Program Director, assists with administrative and clerical tasks required in routine operation of the
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranges for, or refers clients in need of assistance for services such as transportation, homecare, meals-on-wheels, Medicare, Medicaid, housing, etc.
- Provides information about health, welfare education and recreation services available to older adults.
- Assists director in developing appropriate group programs and works with committees.
- Attends in-service training and staff meetings.
- Explains and interprets the agency’s programs to clients.
- Responsible for coverage of senior center in the Project Director’s absence.
- Works closely with community organizations to meet the needs of the clients and to publicize the center’s programs.
- Acts as receptionist and answers in-person and telephone inquiries, referring calls to appropriate party.
- Uses computer to prepare letters, flyers, reports, etc.
- Assembles, collates and records statistical data.
- Collects and counts cash. Issues receipts for cash, maintains records and prepares bank deposits.
- Maintains petty cash accounts.
- Places orders with food vendors and other suppliers.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of food and supplies.
- Provides staff coverage on participant trips.
- May assist in preparation and serving of meals.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., Two years college or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Kashruth.
- Some prior group leadership experience.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
- Good writing/record keeping skills.
- Ability to read, write speak and understand English.
- May require heavy lifting including setting up tables, moving chairs, and other room set-ups for programs, climbing stairs may be required.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Valid N.Y. State Drivers License preferred.